Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Avengers Saga - Episode 0.5

m:
So last night I was watching the Avengers and all I had to go with it was a Yellow Tail Cab Sav from September, probably, and I was thinking, “These don’t go together at all! What would be the ideal drink for this flick?” And that got me thinking; I’m a Farray. There are really only two distinct skills at which I succeed: I can quote movies and I know a good drink when I have one. That got me thinking more. Who do I quote movies with? With whom do I enjoy a good alcoholic binge? My sibs. If there are two things the Farray kids have down, they are good flicks and good sips. I think we should launch a movie and drink recommendation blog. We could rotate films and we each go out and watch them, provide a review and then provide a beverage to go along with it. We could figure out a schedule or a monthly theme and go with it, or we could just be crazy. They don’t have to be alcoholic drinks, but we are all very entertaining. What do you think? I’m going to launch it anyway, but I wondered about your input????

E:
Yes!! We can call it, "shut up! I can't hear the tv..."

j:
Avengers...  lemme' think...  you could go with the obvious, and sip an Incredible Hulk (Hypnotiq & Hennessy), but that would be disgusting.  I think it depends on the character you like the most -- Captain America:  Bud Light.  Tony Stark:  Scotch (Single Malt & Old).  Thor:  Meade.  Bruce Banner:  Red Wine.  Black Widow:  Rose.

I like the concept, though some genres may be predisposed to certain types of drinks...

Comedy:  cheap beer.
Comedy with Paul Rudd in it:  microbrew.
Nazi movies:  german beer.
80s-style Action:  red bull & vodka.
Romance:  white or red wine.
Real crappy chick flicks: wine coolers. 
Westerns:  whiskey.
Any movie with Jeff Bridges:  white russians.
Bond movies:  vodka martinis.
Anything with Ice Cube in it:  malt liquor.

N:
Niiiiiiice, but I would've thought that the Hulk's would've involved Monster and vodka.
The Fast and the Furious: V8 with a splash of vodka.
Enemy at the Gates: Stoli on the rocks. Be cold for mother russia.
The Longest day: Espresso shots and Crown.
The Departed: Irish coffees.
Lord of War: cocaine...and lots of it.
Maybe that last one doesn't count....

E:
OMG.

j:
Minor correction to Lord of War:  Gotta' gets the Brown Brown!  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown-brown)  Cocaine on it's own just isn't quite enough...

m:
And that was our first blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment